Monday, June 24, 2013

Why I Started this Blog

A few months ago, I learned that I am allergic (or at least have a severe intolerance) to monosodium glutamate (MSG).  I began breaking out with a rash on my face.  It was fairly minor at first, but the last straw was when my face was covered in a bright red rash after eating take out Chinese food.  I knew MSG was in a lot of foods, but I had no idea just how much food it is in until I started doing research.  In searching the internet, I have found that many people appear to have allergies/intolerances to MSG and it seems to only be getting worse (probably because it is in more and more foods).  Now that I have been researching the issue for a few months and have learned just how difficult it is to live with an MSG intolerance in this age of processed food, I decided to start blogging about my experience.  I am no master chef and I generally have to find my recipes in books or on the internet, but I will also try to include some MSG free recipes.  I have a full time job, a 1 year old child and a husband.  Life is busy and it is difficult to find the time/money/motivation to live an MSG-free life (processed foods are easy which is why we have become so accustomed to using them), but in order to avoid a rash on my face, I will figure it out.  I hope this blog can provide some useful information to others.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment